I’ve been dying to make my own spaghetti squash lately, so I finally made some today!The first time I had it was at a local restaurant and it was really good. You know what else is really good…40 calories for a cup of spaghetti squash compared to 220 in regular spaghetti! That means you can have more volume for even less calories! talk about awesome! In a typical spaghetti squash there are only about 180 calories worth of spaghetti in it. So you can’t really feel guilty if you eat the whole thing :) If you’re a health nut, like me, it’s definitely a guilty pleasure to go for pasta dishes, but eating spaghetti squash doesn’t make me feel so bad…in fact it makes me feel great!
Additionally a whole spaghetti squash provides 12% of your vitamin A intake, 36% of your vitamin C intake, and 32% of your daily B6 vitamin. So compared to regular spaghetti you’re definitely getting a bang for your buck all around.
So you wanna know how easy it is to make this healthy and delicious dish? Look below!
1. Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees
2. Slice the squash in half.
3. Scoop out the insides along with the seeds and mush.
4. Once clean brush a LITTLE olive oil on the inside of the squash, all you need is a light coating or none at all.
5. Pop in the oven for about 35-40 minutes, checking on it at the end just to make sure none of it burns.
6. VOALIA! Your pasta is ready to peel. So scoop out the insides, I think it’s so entertaining, and get your pasta out.
7. Put pasta sauce, drizzle olive oil/ pesto, veggies, chicken, meatballs, turkey meatsauce, and cheese or whatever you desire on top.
8. EAT all you want, as long as you don’t overdo it on the toppings :)